Prince Harry allegedly stayed at Frogmore Cottage during his trip to the UK for the phone-hacking case against the publisher of The Daily Mail.
Last week, Harry stood in court at the Royal Courts of Justice alongside other high-profile personalities such as Sir Elton John on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. His trip overlapped with King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla’s royal journey to Germany, as plans for their coronation next month ramp up.
The Duke is thought to have used the visit to sort through the couple’s possessions and determine what needs to be shipped to their Montecito residence in the United States before leaving, according to The Telegraph.
The royal returned to the five-bedroom house for the first time since his father informed him that he would be requested to vacate the home last month. The couple was given the home in Home Park, Windsor, by the late Queen Elizabeth II after they married in 2018.
Following the publication of Harry’s memoir, Spare, at the beginning of the year, the King requested the Sussexes to leave the house. The request was said to have “stunned” the pair at the moment.
Instead, the property was given to the Duke of York, who is being forced out of his long-term residence at Royal Lodge. It is unknown whether Andrew took the deal.
It comes as the Sussexes have yet to confirm their presence at the King’s coronation on May 6th, after the couple stated they had received email communication but did not reveal whether they would travel to the UK for the event.
When the eviction was first reported, a royal expert told The Independent that King Charles’ move could only be seen as a response to the publication of Harry’s memoir.
According to RS Locke, a freelance journalist and royal commentator, Harry, and Meghan were requested to leave Frogmore Cottage “within days of the book’s release.”
She said that in her opinion: “Evicting the Sussex family from Frogmore Cottage is transparently punitive and King Charles wanted the couple and the public to know it.”