Low Carb Lemon Chicken is the purely Chinese healthy food. This is kind of Chinese Chicken recipes, Chinese cooking can be very delicious and healthy as it contains low carb as well as low fat dishes.
- 2 tablespoons Dry sherry
- 4 green (Spring) onions, chopped
- 1 Piece of root ginger, shredded
- 500g (1 pound) boned chicken, cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 Celery sticks, sliced
- 125g (4oz) button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 Green pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons Light soy sauce
- Shredded rind of 2 lemons
- A few lemon slices to garnish
- 2 tablespoons oil for stir-frying
Put the sherry, spring onions and ginger in a bowl. Add the chicken, toss well to coat, then leave to marinate in the bowl for 15 minutes. Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the celery, mushrooms, and the green pepper and stir-fry for one minute. Add the chicken and marinade, then cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce and lemon rind then cook for a further minute. To serve, pile into a warmed serving dish and garnish with lemon slices.