Here are some step by step simple guidelines to install laminate flooring aimed to ease laminate flooring process and to help its installation by yourself.
A measuring tape, utility knife, chalk line, hammer, tapping block, wood glue, coping saw, nails, a pull bar, underlayment pad, laminate flooring, a carpenter’s square, safety eyeglasses.
Laminate flooring is installed over clean and flat surface that may be wood, concrete, vinyl or linoleum.
Install Laminate Flooring
- Roll out underlayment pad
- Connect pieces together with wide plastic tape
- Stagger all the joints
- Leave ¼ clearance t each wall as laminate floor do not attach to floors but are the outer layers only
- Use spacers on initial walls from where you started.
- Use pull bar to patch up things
- Use utility knife to trim the connections on adjoining planks
- Use little wood glue to stick laminate floor together.
- Finally give it a finished look
These are the things to do while installing laminate flooring.