The sports list of the top ten famous sports of the world are equally famous all around the world. The top 10 sports are mostly field games. They say that if the playgrounds are filled with people, the hospitals would be empty. Sports are as important in our lives as other necessities of life. Sports keep you fit and healthy, promote socializing, and release depression. Sports list is very long, ranging from field games to indoor and water sports etc. Whatever may be the type of the game, it is always essential to be a part of it.
The top ten sports are played all around the world. Top ten famous sports of the world are mainly field games. Filed games are more popular all around the world and are promoted worldwide. Top 10 sports are soccer, volleyball, basketball, rugby, water sports, tennis, swimming, gymnastics, cricket, netball.
1. Soccer: It is on top of the sports list. It is played among two teams of eleven players each. Each team tries to put the ball in the net of the other team. The one who scores more goals is the winner.
2. Volleyball: It is second on the list of top ten famous sports of the world and is a famous Olympics game. Six players in each team are separated by a net. Each team tries to score more by grounding the ball on the other team’s court.
3. Basketball: It is a famous game all around the world and is third on the list of top ten sports. Two teams of five players each try to score against one another by placing the ball through 10 feet high hoop under specific rules.
4. Rugby: It is famous in the west and is now gaining popularity in the east as well. At number four on the list of top 10 sports, it is an outdoor game played by two teams of fifteen players each and is played with an oval ball.
5. Water sports: The sports list of the games that are played in water is very long. Other than swimming, it has other categories as well, like water surfing and boating etc. They are more popular in the coastal areas of the world.
6. Tennis: It is a sport played between two players (singles) or between two teams of two players each (doubles). It has gained a lot of popularity over decades and is at number six on the list of top ten famous sports of the world. Each player uses a strung racquet to strike a hollow felt covered rubber ball over a net into the opponent’s court.
7. Swimming: Swimming is an Olympic game and is on number seven on the list of top ten sports. It is a biological propelled motion through water. It has different types and is extremely popular among youngsters.
8. Gymnastics: It is a sport involving performance of exercises requiring physical strength, flexibility, agility and coordination.
9. Cricket: At number nine on the list of top 10 sports is cricket. It is a bat-ball game played in the ground among two teams of eleven players. One team tries to score more against the other, while the other one tries to dismiss the players.
10. Netball: It is famous among the females more than the males. Played by two teams separated by the net, each team tries to score more by passing the ball to the teammate in the opposition’s goal circle.